What is Tawheed?
Tawheed, oneness of Allah. There is no god but Allah who is the only creator of the universe. No one is the worthy of worship except of Allah. Bowing to anyone, anybody, any creation and any creature except creator "Allah" is called Shirk which is the greatest sin and would not be forgiven. Allah is the only who deserve all sort of worships.
To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and whether you disclose what is in your own selves or conceal it, Allah will call you to account for it. Then he forgives whom He wills. And Allah is able to do all things. (Surat Al Baqarah 284)
The Messenger (Muhammad P.B.U.H.) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. (They say,) "We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers,"- and they say, "We hear and we obey. (We seek) Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)." (Surat Al Baqarah 285)
Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets rewards for that (good) which he has earned and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater that we have the strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Supporter and Protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving people." (Surat Al Baqarah 286)
Principles of Faith (Iman)
- Belief in oneness of Allah ( God ),Supreme and Eternal, Endlessly Merciful and The Creator for everything.
- Belief in All Prophets and messenger of Allah ( God ).
- Belief in the all books revealed by Allah ( God ).
- Belief in Angels.
- Belief on the day of the Judgment.
- belief in the pre- destination (Qadar) that Allah decreed to believe whatever good is from him and whatever bad is also from him.
Surat Al-Fatihah (The Opening)
- All praise and thanks are Allah's, the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists)
- The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
- The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
- You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
- Guide us to the Straight Way.
- The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray.
Surat Al-Ikhlas (The Purity)
- Say (O Muhammad (P.B.U.H.)): "He is Allah (the) One.
- [Allah – the Self- Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)]
- He begets not. Nor was he begotten.
- And there is none coequal or comparable to Him.
Surat Al Baqarah (The Cow)
- Allah! La 'ilaha 'illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al Hayyul Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists). Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth, Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and in the Hereafter. And they will never encompass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. (255)
- There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break, and Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (256)
- Allah is the Wali (Protector or Guardian) of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into light. But as for those who disbelieve, their Auliya (supporters and helpers) are Taghut (false deities and false leaders), they bring them out from light into darkness. Those are the dwellers of the Fire, and they will abide therein forever. (257)
Pilars of the Islam
- To declare ' Shahadah ' to believe in oneness of Allah and there is no God But Allah and Muhammad (PBUH ) is the messenger of Allah.
- To perform' Salah' Prayer Five times a day.
- To Give out 'Zakat' for the needy people.
- To observe 'Siyam' or Fast the whole islamic month of Ramadan.
- To perform 'Hajj' or Pilgrimate to Makkah at least once in a life.
- You can only warn him who follows the Reminder ( the Qur'an), and fears the Most Gracious (Allah) unseen. Bear you to such one the glad tiding of forgiveness, and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise). (36:11)
Surat Al-Kahf (The Cave)
- And recite what has been revealed to you (O Muhammad (P.B.U.H.)) of the Book (the Qur'an) of your Lord (i.e. recite it, understand and follow its teachings and act on its orders and preach it to men). None can change His Words, and none will you find as a refuge other than Him. (18:27)
Surat Al-Muzzammil (The One wrapped in Garments)
- O you wrapped in garments (i.e. Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H))
- Stand (to pray) all night, except a little –
- Half of it, - or a little less than that,
- Or a little more. And recite the Qur'an (aloud) in a slow (pleasant tone and) style.
- Verily, We shall send down to you a weighty Word (i.e. obligations, laws).
- Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing oneself and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allah).
- Verily, there is for you by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties.
- And remember the Name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with a complete devotion.
- (He Alone is) the Lord of the east and the west; La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). So take Him Alone as Wakil (Disposer of your affairs).
- And be patient (o Muhammad (P.B.U.H.)) with what they say, and keep away from them in a good way.
- And leave Me Alone to deal with the deniers (those who deny My verses), those who are in possession of good things of life. And give them respite for a little while.
- Verily with Us are fetters (to bind them), and a raging Fire.
- And a food that chokes, and a painful torment.
- On the Day when the earth and the mountains will be in violent shake, and the mountains will be a heap of sand poured out.
- Verily, We have sent to you (O men) a Messenger (Muhammad P.B.U.H.) to be a witness over you, as We did send a Messenger [Musa (Moses)] to Fir'aun (Pharaoh).
- But Fir'aun (Pharaoh) disobeyed the Messenger [Musa (Moses)]; so we seized him with a severe punishment.
- Then how can you avoid the punishment, if you disbelieve, on a Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) that will make the children grey-headed?
- Whereon the heaven will be cleft asunder? His Promise is certainly to be accomplished.
- Verily, this is an admonition, therefore whosoever will, let him take a Path to His Lord!
- Verily, your Lord knows that you do stand (to pray at night) a little less than two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and also a party of those with you. And Allah measures the night and the day. He knows that you are unable to pray the whole night so he has turned to you (in mercy). So recite you of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knows that there will be some among you sick, others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah's bounty, yet others fighting in Allah's Cause. So recite as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you) and perform As-Salat (Iqamatas-Salat) and give Zakat, and lend to Allah a goodly loan. And whatever good you send before you for yourselves (i.e. Nawafil- non obligatory acts of worship: prayers, charity, fasting, Hajj and Umrah), you will certainly find it with Allah, better and greater in reward. And seek forgiveness of Allah. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Surat Al-Jumu'ah (Friday)
- Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allah, - the King (of everything), the Holy, the All Mighty , the All Wise.
- He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger themselves, reciting to them His Verses, purifying them (from the filth of disbelief and polytheism), and teaching them the Book (this Qur'an, Islamic laws and Islamic jurisprudence) and Al- Hikmah (As- Sunnah: legal ways, orders, acts of worship of Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H.). And verily, they had been before in manifest error.
- And [He has sent him (Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H) also to] other among them (Muslims) who have not yet joined them (but they will come). And He (Allah) is the All Mighty, the All Wise.
- The likeness of those who were entrusted with the (obligation of the) Taurat (Torah) (i.e. to obey its commandments and to practice its laws), but who subsequently failed in those (obligations), is as the likeness of a donkey, which carries huge burdens of books (but understands nothing from them). How bad is the example of people who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah. And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrongdoers, disbelievers).
- Say (O Muhammad P.B.U.H.): "O you Jews! If you pretend that you are friends of Allah, to the exclusion of (all) other mankind, then long for death if you are truthful."
- But they will never long for it (death), because of what (deeds) their hands have sent before them! And Allah knows well the Zalimun (polytheists, wrongdoers, disbelievers).
- Say (to them): "Verily, the death from which you flee, will surely meet you, then you will be sent back to (Allah), the All Knower of the unseen and the seen, and He will tell you what you used to do."
- O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on Friday (Jumu'ah prayer) come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing). That is better for you if you did but know!
- Then when the (Jumu'ah) Salat (prayer) is ended, you may disperse through the land, and seek the bounty of Allah (by working), and remember Allah much, that you may be successful.
- And when they see some merchandise or some amusement [beating of Tumbur (drum) etc.], they disperse headlong to it, and leave you (Muhammad P.B.U.H.) standing [while delivering Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah)]. Say: that which Allah has is better than any amusement or merchandise! And Allah is the Best of providers."